Democratic Transition and Human Rights Support Center DAAM is seeking to hire a communication officer among those who have a bachelor a degree in the following fields: Computer Science and Multimedia and Software and Web development. The contract will be for one year and it is renewable but it consists on a three months trial period.
Required qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Have at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Multimedia and Software and Web development, IT applied to management, programming.
- Be based in Tunis, Tunisia with the ability to travel throughout Tunisia and internationally.
- Have an experience of no less than two years working for civil society organizations.
- Be willing to work within the team and under pressure.
- To work in extra times if required.
- To travel inside and outside Tunisia if required.
Job Description :
– Setting up the media and communication plan for the center center for a year and work on its implementation and follow-up.
– Develop the necessary communication’s policies, programs and plans for DAAM center.
– Coordinating with local, regional and international media regarding all matters related to DAAM center.
– Drafting and writing the news related to DAAM programs, projects, and activities.
– Planning and coordination with international donors of DAAM center’s projects.
– Build and consolidate good relations with local, regional, and international stakeholders.
– Strengthen and consolidate communication channels and strengthen the relationship and cooperation with local, regional, and international media and press institutions.
– Establish effective relationship with local and regional and international media and civil society organizations, and manage the activities of DAAM center in an effective way in terms of media and communication.
– Mastering Arabic and English languages in writing, reading and conversation.
– The use of computer applications and all specialized programs, especially the following:
- Knowledge of the basics of management and development of websites, especially “WordPress”
- Manage and design content on the website.
- Professional skill in developing and managing website, adding / updating / developing plugins.
- Knowledge of the language of PHP.
The job position must be written as the subject for the email and deadline for receiving applications is Sunday September 16th, 2018.
No explanations over the phone regarding this announcement will be answered; DAAM center will contact only the shortlisted preselected candidates for the position before Tuesday September 25th, 2018.
Those who are interested in applying and join our team are required to send a CV and a cover letter (no more than 600 words) as well as their phone number to [email protected].
DAAM center will contact preselected applicants by phone or email to invite them for an interview with the staff, this will be followed by asking the selected applicants to finalize administrative procedures and join the center.Salary: it will depend on the experience and qualifications. Applicants who are fluent in English and French will be prioritized.
The Center supports equal opportunities for all applicants, without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, or political orientation. Since Democratic Transition and Human Rights Support Center respects gender balance, priority will be given to women.